The first thing I would like to mention, is that Magic/Magick always takes the path of least resistance. The idea is to always focus on the end result (intent) and not every little step it takes to get there. Set your desired outcome and get out of your own way.
One of my favorite axioms “where focus goes, energy flows” , comes to mind when I think of raising energy and effective Spell Craft. A word to the wise? Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it. Unfortunately, sometimes getting what you wish for sucks.
WIZARD'S RULES: 1.) Magic/Magick Is Real 2.) Know Thyself 3.) Best Way To Predict The Future Is to Create It. 4.) Question Authority 5.) Magic/Magick Is Both An Art/Experimental Science. 6.) Watch What You Do And Say. 7.) Job Not Done Until Tools/Mess Cleaned Up. 8.) Keep Silent, Others Doubts Will Effect Your Results.
THE LAWS OF MAGIC/MAGICK: [The Universal Laws]
These 28 Laws Of Magick Come From “The Grimoire For The Apprentice Wizard” By: Oberon Zell-Ravenheart. Gray Wizard Of The First Order And Founder Of The Gray Council.
1. Law of Knowledge: Understanding brings control; the more you know about a subject, the easier it is to control it. “Knowledge is power.”
2. Law of Self-Knowledge: The most important magical knowledge is about oneself; familiarity with one’s own strengths and weaknesses is vital to a magician. “Know thyself.”
3. Law of Cause & Effect: If exactly the same actions are done under exactly the same conditions, they will produce exactly the same results; similar strings of events produce similar outcomes. “Control every variable and you control every change—lotsa luck!”
4. Law of Synchronicity: Two or more events happening at the same time are likely to have more associations in common than the merely temporal; events rarely happen in isolation from nearby events. “There’s no such thing as a mere coincidence.”
5. Law of Association: If any two or more patterns have elements in common, the patterns interact through those common elements, and control of one pattern facilitates control over the other(s); the greater the commonality, the greater the influence. “Commonality controls.”
6. Law of Sympathy: Things that have an affinity with each other influence and interact with each other over a distance. “Everything is connected to everything else.”
7. Law of Similarity: Like produces like and an effect resembles its cause; having an accurate image of something facilitates control over it. “Look-alikes are alike.”
8. Law of Contagion: Objects or beings once in contact with each other continue to interact after separation. “Magick is contagious.”
9. Law of Positive Attraction: Like attracts like; to create a particular reality you must put out energy of a similar sort. “That which is sent, returns.”
10. Law of Negative Attraction: Like attracts unlike; energy and actions often attract their complimentary “opposites.” “Opposites attract.”
11. Law of Names: Knowing the name, you know that which is named; knowing the complete and true name of an object, being or process gives one complete control over it. “What’s in a name?—Everything!”
12. Law of Words of Power: Certain words are able to alter the internal and external realities of those uttering them, and their power may rest in the very sounds as much as in their meanings. “A word to the wise is sufficient.”
13. Law of Personification: Any phenomenon may be considered to be alive and to have a personality, that is, to “be” an entity or being, and may be effectively dealt with thusly. “Anything can be a person.”
14. Law of Invocation: It is possible to establish internal communication with entities from either inside or outside of oneself, said entities seeming to be inside of oneself during the communication process. “Beings within…”
15. Law of Evocation: It is possible to establish external communication with entities from either inside or outside of oneself, said entities seeming to be outside of oneself during the communication process. “…Beings without.”
16. Law of Identification: It is possible through maximum association between the elements of oneself and those of another being to actually become that being to the point of sharing its knowledge and wielding its power. “You can become another.”
17. Law of Infinite Data: The number of phenomena to be known is infinite; we will never run out of things to learn! “There’s always something new.”
18. Law of Finite Senses: Every sense mechanism of every entity is limited by both range and type of data perceived. “Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not there.”
19. Law of Personal Universes: Everyone lives in and quite possibly creates a unique universe which can never be 100% identical to that lived in by another; so-called “reality” is in fact a matter of consensus opinions. “You live in your cosmos and I’ll live in mine.”
20. Law of Infinite Universes: The total number of universes into which all possible combinations of existing phenomena could be organized is infinite. “All things are possible, though some are more probable than others.”
21. Law of Pragmatism: If a pattern of belief or behavior enables you to survive and to accomplish chosen goals, than that belief or behavior is “true” or “real” or “sensible” on whatever levels of reality are involved. “If it works, it’s true.”
22. Law of True Falsehoods: A concept or act may seem nonsensical and yet still be “true,” provided that it “works” in a specific context. “If it’s a paradox it’s probably true.”
23. Law of Polarity: Any pattern of data can be split into at least two patterns with “opposing” characteristics, and each will contain the essence of the other within itself. “Everything contains its opposite.”
24. Law of Synthesis: The synthesis of two or more “opposing” patterns of data will produce a new pattern that will be “truer” than either of the first ones were; that is, it will be applicable to more realities. “Synthesis reconciles.”
25. Law of Dynamic Balance: To survive and become powerful, one must keep every aspect of one’s universe(s) in a state of dynamic balance with every other one; extremism is dangerous on all levels of reality. “Dance to the music.”
26. Law of Perversity: Also known as “Murphy’s Law:” If anything can go wrong, it will—and in the most annoying manner possible. “If anything can go wrong, it will.”
27. Law of Unity: Every phenomenon in existence is linked directly or indirectly to every other one, past, present or future; perceived separations between phenomena are based on incomplete sensing and/or thinking. “All is One.”
28. Law of Unintended Consequences: (from Terry Pratchett) Whether or not what you do has the effect you want, it will have at least three you never expected, and one of those usually unpleasant. “There’s always something else.”
Also From “The Grimoire For The Apprentice Wizard” This Code Of Chivalry From The Middle Ages (Medievil Knights) Seems Appropriate.
THE CODE OF CHIVALRY:
Be True To Your Faith.
Stand Up For Your Beliefs
Defend The Weak.
Love Your Country.
Show Courage Against Opposition.
Do Your Duty.
Speak Truth And Keep Your Word.
Be Generous To All.
Be The Champion Of The Right And The Good Against Injustice And Evil.
As A kid growing up one of my all time favorite authors was (and still is) Terry Goodkind (R.I.P. 1948-2020) With each new title came a new Wizard’s rule and I would wait anxiously for each new release. We cannot talk about the rules of a Wizard and not mention “Zeddicus Zul Zorrander” and “The Sword Of Truth” series. It just wouldn’t be right.
Terry GoodKind's Wizard's Rules: 1.)People are stupid. They believe things mainly because they either want them to be true or fear them to be true. (Wizard's First Rule) 2.)Harm can result from good intention. (Stone of Tears) 3.)Passion rules reason. (Blood of the Fold) 4.)There is Magic in sincere Forgiveness, both in forgiveness received and given. (Temple of the Winds) 5.)Mind people's actions over words. (Soul of the Fire) 6.)Only allow reason to rule you. (Faith of the Fallen) 7.)Life is the future not the past. (Pillars of Creation) 8.)Deserve victory. (Naked Empire) 9.)Contradictions cannot exist. (Chainfire) 10.)Ignoring truth is betraying yourself. (Phantom) 11.)Embrace life, Strength without hate.(Confessor) * Truth cannot be destroyed. (Omen Machine) * There have always been those who hate, and there always will be. (Severed Souls) * In this world everyone must die. None of us has any choice in that. Our choice is how we wish to live. (Warheart)
May your journey in life be full of Magick and awe inspiring wonder. You will do well to gain knowledge and put that knowledge into action. This is the true meaning of wisdom and above all else you must SEEK BEAUTY!
I will leave you with another one of my favorite axioms, “The Kingdom of Heaven, is Built With The Hands of Flesh”. You have to work hard to achieve what you envision in life and remember, “Nothing’s ever easy.”